- There are some very basic facts which should always be in your mind:
- You are an eternal soul (Eccl.12:7; Luke 16:19-31).
- You will have an appointment with death… (Heb 9:17; Eccl. 9:5).
- You do not know how suddenly that appointment might be kept… (cf. Matt.24:44)!
- You have an appointment to be judged… (Heb.9:27; Rev.20:12; Romans 14:12; 2 Cor. 5:10-11).
- Following the judgment you will be ushered into ETERNITY!
- When these events shall have come to pass, do you want to go to Heaven?
WHAT IT MEANS TO MISS HEAVEN
- Do you know what it will mean to miss heaven? It means that you will gain hell!!
- In Matt. 25:46 we are clearly shown that there are only two places to which eternal souls may go; eternal life (Heaven) and eternal damnation (Hell). To miss the one is to gain the other. To miss heaven is to gain Hell! Do you know what it will be like in Hell?
- In 2 Thess.1:9 we see that it will be eternal SEPARATION FROM GOD.
- In Matt. 25:30 Jesus says it will be a place of “outer darkness,” where there will be “weeping and gnashing of teeth.” In verse 41 of that same chapter, Christ says it is a place of “eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels.”
- Then, in Rev. 14:11 we are told that “And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever”
- Now in light of these facts, do you want to go to heaven?
- Consider that this is to say nothing of the wonderful and matchless joys we are promised in heaven!
- Well of course, all who know and believe these simple Bible truths will say, “Yes, I want to go to heaven.”
- But do you REALLY want to go there MORE than you want anything ELSE?
WHO WILL GO TO HEAVEN
- Jesus says that only those who “DO THE WILL OF THE FATHER” shall enter the kingdom of heaven Matt.7:21!
- Have you done, and are you doing the WILL OF GOD?
- You may say, “But how can I know the will of God?”
- It is certain you can NOT know by consideration of “doctrines and commandments of men” Matt. 15:9;
- Not by the “traditions of your fathers” Mark 7:9;
- Not by “your own wisdom” Jer. 10:23; Romans 10:1-3; Prov. 14:12.
- In the INSPIRED SCRIPTURES, the WRITTEN WORD, we find God’s complete revelation of His Will, which you must do in order to go to heaven 2 Peter 1:3; 2 Tim. 3:16f; Eph. 3:3-4; 1 Cor. 4:6.
- STUDY the Word of God 2 Tim. 2:15.
- SEARCH the Scriptures Acts 17:11 that you may KNOW what the Lord would have you do, that you may go to heaven when this life is over.
HAVE YOU DONE THE WILL OF GOD
- Have you OBEYED THE GOSPEL, that you might be saved Romans 1:16; 1 Cor. 15:1-2?
- A consideration of the cases of conversion in the New Testament will show that one must
- BELIEVE in Jesus as the Christ Acts 16:31; John 8:24,
- He must REPENT of his sins Acts 17:30; Luke13:3,
- He must CONFESS that faith in Christ before men Romans 10:9-10; Acts 8:37
- He must be BAPTIZED, in order to be saved from his sins Mark16:15-16; Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16; Gal. 3:27; Eph. 1:7.
- If you have not done these things and that “From the heart” Romans 6:17-18), you have NOT done “the will of the Father,” you are NOT prepared to go to heaven!
ARE YOU FAITHFULLY KEEPING HIS COMMANDMENTS?
- Those who will “enter in through the gates into the city” will be only those who “do His commandments,” Rev. 22:14.
- Jesus says, “Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away” and that the branches which are taken away are to be “thrown into fire” John 15:2, 6.
- The one talent man of Matthew 25 was UNFAITHFUL in his charge of the one talent.
- The Lord called him a “wicked and slothful servant” and had him cast into “outer darkness, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
- We are urged, “Be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord ”, 1 Cor. 15:58;
- Again, “Be faithful unto death and I will give thee a crown of Life” Rev 2:10.
- In being “faithful”, we are to put “FIRST the kingdom of God and His righteousness” Matt. 6:33.
- This is a good test as to whether a person REALLY wants to go to heaven! Is he willing to PUT THE LORD AND HIS CAUSE FIRST? Only those who are willing to do so will ever make it!
Do you REALLY want to go to heaven? Have you done, and are you doing the will of the Lord? THINK ON THESE THINGS!