"For I have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the Lord, to do righteousness and justice, that the Lord may bring to Abraham what He has spoken to him." Genesis 18:19
How to Get Started:
- RECOGNIZE the need for God’s Word in your home.
- AGREE together to get started having such a daily study.
- AGREE on time of day - Example: at breakfast, supper time, bed time.
- INFORM family of your decision.
- CHOOSE interesting, easily understood portion of the Bible to begin with.
- PLAN for short readings with time for questions and answers.
- FOR SMALL CHILDREN read from a reliable Bible story book: "Mrs. Lee’s Stories About Jesus," "Mrs. Lee’s Stories About God’s First People, or, "Egermeier’s Bible Story Book" (available CEI Bookstore).
- DETERMINE to have regular, daily study with as few interference’s as possible.
- If Father is at work, Mother can conduct the study.
- GET STARTED as soon as possible.
- STICK with it.
All Material © 2006 Courthouse Church of Christ